The Projects/Jobs module allow the user to group transactions in the system for the purposes of reporting and tracking. Usually, a project/job is created for a short term grouping need. For grouping transactions for a more permanent purpose, see classes.
To add a project to a document for tracking purposes, it must first be created and associated with a customer. Each project may have one customer but one customer may have many projects.
- Navigate to Project/Time Project Profitability Matrix.
- Click Create.
- Enter the Project / Job Name.
- Choose the Customer associated with the Project / Job. You may add a Customer / Vendor if needed by clicking the plus icon on the right.
- Choose a Project Type (Time and Materials or Fixed.
- In the project Status field, choose Active.
- Optionally, enter budget amounts for Income, Expense and Hours.
- Click Save to Save the Project / Job or Save and Close to finish.
The Project Profitability Matrix gives an overview of all projects and their profit/loss status. The list shows both actual and budgeted figures, allowing a project manager to easily see the state of active projects.
Projects/Jobs Tips and Tricks
- From the Project list view, you may also view all transactions associated with a project by highlighting a line and clicking the Transactions button. All transactions that have been tagged with that project will appear in the list.
- Clicking on Transactions w/o Project will list all the transaction from the chosen customer that have not yet been tagged with a project. This helps ensure that nothing is missed during record keeping.
- To easily find a project/job, click the Find button, choose a field to search on and type a search phrase.
- Any list that has been generated using the methods described above is available to export to excel.
Other useful functions may be found in the More Menu.